NEWS PROJECTS COMPONENTS BACKGROUND CRAFT LAB

INFO | open | close

Albatros D II / III   1917

The extensive expertise gained from building two OEFFAG Albatrosses resulted in a commission to build two Albatros D IIs and one Albatros D III in the configuration they would have left the factory in Johannisthal near Berlin in 1917.
This aircraft type is historically significant not only for it’s formidable service it gave as a fighter aircraft, but also as being one of the very first aircraft in which glue was used as a main structural element.
A number of common parts between the two types simplified the production of the series.
The customer asked for the highest possible level of authenticity, and so the only compromise is the use of modern glues to make certification possible.
All other material specifications are to the original standards.